I have been the extraordinary honor to have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Laura M. Bailey . To have only been blogging for three weeks and to have been nominated fills my heart with immense joy and much thanks.
The Liebster is an award that is given to bloggers by other bloggers. Liebster in German means “sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
1) Thank the person who nominated you (THANK YOU, LAURA!)
2) Answer the questions provided by the nominator
3) Nominate 5-11 bloggers with fewer than 1000 followers who you think deserve the award
4) Create a new list of questions for your nominees
5) List the rules in your post
6) Let your nominees know of their nominations personally
1. Name an instance where you laughed at yourself?
A couple of years ago at Barnes and Noble as I was coming through the door I bumped into to this long-haired, shaggy looking dude who said, “My bad,” and kept on going. When I got inside my friend who was working told me that I had bumped into Rob Zombie. I laughed because I am the kind of person to do that. And because I didn’t know what Rob Zombie looked like.
2. What song would you dedicate to someone that you don’t care for?
“Sweet As Whole” by Sara Bareilles
3. What’s the first book you ever loved?
Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
4. Which of your posts would you love to share?
5. What was the worst holiday you ever had and why?
Christmas when I was 18. I was in the Marine Corps and it was right after I damaged my right knee, the injury that would lead to my medical discharge months later. I was extremely angry, emotionally down, homesick, and every other bad emotion an injured Marine far away from home would be feeling. It sucked.
Questions for my nominees
1. What was the worst vacation you’ve ever been on?
2. Who was the most memorable person you have ever met?
3. If you could go back and remake a movie before it’s been made, what movie would that be?
4. What food, in your opinion, should be stricken off of menus nationwide?
5. What is your least favorite book of all time?
And last, but certainly not least, MY NOMINEES
If I have nominated you and you don’t want to play along, then that’s absolutely fine. If you want to do it later, when you have a moment, then that’s OK too.
I just wanted to know I like your blogs.